Hello! We are Renew Now CE. We want you to feel confident after taking our courses. We are committed to excellence and proud to be an accredited provider through the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) Provider P0557.
Tired of learning the old way? What are you retaining from a 40-page PDF?
Try a different way. Come see why our customers rate us 4.7 out of 5-stars!
We use two research-proven strategies to improve on the current format of continuing education:
1. Short videos
2. Test-enhanced learning
Along with the coursework we use short videos, which has been proven to increase knowledge and improve retention of subject matter. Research has proven less can be more. We published evidence in the Journal of COPD from a 2016 study that demonstrated an increase in medical providers’ knowledge and long-term retention after watching a two-minute video . There is a consensus in the medical field that longer didactic teaching sessions decrease retention of knowledge. In a large-scale study of video engagement, Guo and colleagues examined the length of time students watched streaming videos within an online education platform, edX. They analyzed results from 6.9 million sessions and observed that the median engagement time for videos less than 6 minutes was close to 100 percent, but student engagement dropped after 9 minutes .
Guo, P., Kim, J., Rubin, R. How Video Production Affects Student Engagement: An Empirical Study of MOOC Videos. 2014
In courses two hours or longer, we use in-course quizzes. In the last decade, test-enhanced learning has been demonstrated as an efficient way to enhance learning. Research has demonstrated that tests can be used to promote learning and that test-enhanced learning improves long-term retention of information [3-5].
We are committed to providing you evidence-based information using an innovative education platform. Thank you for using Renew Now CE. We’re honored to serve medical professionals who daily make a difference in people’s lives.
- Nolte, J.L., et al., Alpha1-antitrypsin Deficiency-Increased Knowledge and Diagnostic Testing after Viewing Short Instructional Video.COPD, 2017. 14(1): p. 52-55.
- Guo, P., Kim, J., Rubin, R. . How Video Production Affects Student Engagement:An Empirical Study of MOOC Videos.2014 [cited 2018 April ]; Available from: http://up.csail.mit.edu/other-pubs/las2014-pguo-engagement.pdf.
- Roediger, H.L. and J.D. Karpicke, Test-enhanced learning: taking memory tests improves long-term retention.Psychol Sci, 2006. 17(3): p. 249-55.
- Roediger, H.L., 3rd and J.D. Karpicke, The Power of Testing Memory: Basic Research and Implications for Educational Practice.Perspect Psychol Sci, 2006. 1(3): p. 181-210.
- Kang, S.H., M.A. McDaniel, and H. Pashler, Effects of testing on learning of functions.Psychon Bull Rev, 2011. 18(5): p. 998-1005.