Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances 2023-2025 - ANCC approved
About the course
This 3 hour course is ANCC approved and satisfies the Florida Board of Nursing requirement for APRNs. This course reviews Florida's PDMP program. This course contains a short video! Short videos are research-proven to increase knowledge and retention of information. Accreditation Statement: Renew Now CE is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider number: P0557 course results reported to CE Broker. The Florida Board of Nursing specifies that The Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances course must be provided by a professional association accredited to provide educational activities designated for the American Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award Category 1 credit, The American Nurses Credentialing Center, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Recent reviews of this course:
"Very well written course. Educational. Easy to read." - Peter, March 2023
"It was easy and straight forward." - Karina, February 2023
“Great course. Easy to navigate.” - Amber, February 2023
"Very well put together, easy information to understand for the medical professional/prescribing NP. I am very impressed with this course." - Jason, January 2023
"Excellent, well-organized, clinically relevant" - Barbara, February 2022
Are you taking too many hours for your license renewal? Florida certified nurse practitioners only need to take two ce courses to renew their license. If you’re a certified nurse, you can elect to receive the exemption and reduce your required biannual continuing education by visiting CE Broker. Florida certified APRN will be required to complete the 2-hour Human Trafficking and 3-hour Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances course. For step by step instructions on how to apply the exemption, read our blog post here.
- Describe the advanced practice registered nurse’s scope of practice and responsibility in prescribing controlled substances according to Florida regulations.
- Describe documentation, prescription restrictions, delegation, and how to register and use the Electronic-Florida Online Reporting of Controlled Substance Evaluation Program (E-FORCSE).
- Identify legal repercussions of violating Florida requirements for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP).
- Describe appropriate patient management for the prescription of controlled substances, documentation of assessment, informed consent, treatment plan, prescriber-patient opioid agreement, and monitoring process.
- Identify resources for the proper disposal of controlled substances.
Take the Safe & Effective course again! Use this $2 off code (RenewNowAPRN) on the website to purchase for only $12!
This course includes
- Money back guarantee
- Certificate of completion
- Mobile ready
- Course save progress