HIV/AIDS for Healthcare Providers
About the course
This course satisfies the Florida requirement for a one hour course on HIV. This course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Pharmacy. The course can be used to satisfy the HIV requirement for athletic trainers. This course includes a short-video. Short-videos are research-proven to improve knowledge and retention.
This course will report to CE Broker only. For pharmacy providers - we do not report to NABP CPE monitor.
- Identify epidemiology of HIV in U.S.A.
- Identify needle stick exposure risk, modes of transmission, risk of transmission from healthcare provider to patient and patient to healthcare provider
- Describe related infections including tuberculosis
- Identify antiretroviral medications and when they should be taken post-exposure
- Describe the Florida Statue Sections 381.004 and 384.25 on HIV testing, consent, and reporting
*If you are pre-licensure please use 5555 as your License # when registering*
Florida Physical Therapy Association approved provider #50-18921
Effective date: 01/13/2023
This course includes
- Money back guarantee
- Certificate of completion
- Mobile ready
- Course save progress