Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances 2022-2024
About the course
The Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances
This 3 hour course is ANCC approved for FL nursing professionals and satisfies the Florida Board of Nursing requirement for APRNs.
Already took this course? We just launched the 2023-2025 class! Take it here (link).
Renew Now CE is an accredited provider by the ANCC, provider id: P0557 and the Florida Board of Nursing. This course is approved for 3 hours of pharmacotherapeutics. We automatically report results to CE Broker.
Reviews of this course:
"Excellent and concise educational course." - Edwin, April 2022
"A step above the ordinary CEUs I usually see!" - Timothy, NP, April 2022
“Overall content was very informative and broke down content more specifically and geared to the practicing NP.” – Latalya, March 2022
“Great course!! Practice questions really helped with the post test.” – Tasha, March 2022
"Excellent, well-organized, clinically relevant" - Barbara, February 2022
"Great content! Loved the summary video and flow of information." - Lucille, APRN"
Are you taking too many hours for your license renewal? Florida certified nurse practitioners only need to take two ce courses to renew their license.
If you’re a certified nurse, you can elect to receive the exemption and reduce your required biannual continuing education by visiting CE Broker.
We offer both the Human Trafficking and Safe and Effective Prescription of Controlled Substances courses. Renew Now CE is a Florida Board of Nursing and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) certified provider of continuing education.
The Florida Board of Nursing requires that this course, "Must be offered by a statewide professional association of physicians in this state accredited to provide educational activities designated for the American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award Category 1 credit, the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and may be offered in a distance learning format.
For more information on the Florida Board of Nursing requirement for APRN CE visit: https://floridasnursing.gov/renewals/advanced-practice-registered-nurse/
*Important - when you register, you must enter your license number with numeric value only without spaces.
Register and come back to finish course in your own time. If you have additional CE needs, we offer packages for other Florida Board of Nursing requirements.
Bonus in this course - you'll find out where to get over ten hours of FREE pharmacology continuing education!
Learning outcome objectives:
1. Describe the advanced practice registered nurse’s scope of practice and responsibility in prescribing controlled substances according to Florida regulations.
2. Describe documentation, prescription restrictions, delegation, and how to register and use the Electronic-Florida Online Reporting of Controlled Substance Evaluation Program (E-FORCSE).
3. Identify legal repercussions of violating Florida requirements for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP).
4. Describe appropriate patient management for the prescription of controlled substances, documentation of assessment, informed consent, treatment plan, prescriber-patient opioid agreement, and monitoring process.
5. Identify resources for the proper disposal of controlled substances.
Course Author & Planning Committee Conflict of Interest Disclosures:
Joanna Nolte, APRN, MSN has no conflict of interest or disclosures. Content reviewer Lindsay West, RN, BSN, BSHSE has no conflict of interest or disclosures.
This course includes
- Money back guarantee
- Certificate of completion
- Mobile ready
- Course save progress