Implicit Bias Training CE schedule
Michigan has a new requirement for implicit bias continuing education. Here’s the best way to get that necessary coursework done to make your life easier!
Choose one of these courses with confidence. Our courses meet the guidelines from the Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) board for the implicit bias training requirement. Renew Now CE is an approved provider by both the Michigan Board of Nursing and Pharmacy, ID 50-18921. The webinar portion of this class is live and interactive and can be completed on your phone, tablet, or computer. The live webinar portion is under 10 minutes and offered frequently for your convenience.
Renew Now CE is an accredited provider through the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) Provider P0557 and the Michigan Board of Nursing and Pharmacy 50-18921. Each of our courses is designed for efficiency and learner confidence. Come experience why our learners rate us 4.7 out of 5 stars!
Here is how our courses work:
1. Choose a course with the date and time window for the webinar that works for your schedule. Sign up and pay for the course that works for your schedule.
2. Once enrolled in the course you will be able to view course content and the webinar link. You will not be able to complete the final test and obtain a certificate until after the webinar date and time.
3. Upon completion of the webinar, you will be able to take the final test and upon passing, a certificate will be generated. Your course results will automatically be sent to CE Broker.
– We will be using GoToWebinar. The link to the webinar is in the course and available once you’ve registered.
-YOU CAN JOIN OUR SESSION BY USING A MAC, PC OR A MOBILE DEVICE.
– YOU’LL NEED TO ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL, SO BE SURE TO SIGN IN EARLY OR PRE-REGISTER AND JOIN OUR NEXT SESSION.
Make sure your course meets the requirements for implicit bias training for nurses in Michigan. Courses must meet the Michigan requirements in the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Public Health Code Rules: R 338.7004.
Training content must include, but is not limited to, 1 or more of the following topics:
(i) Information on implicit bias, equitable access to health care, serving a diverse population, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and cultural sensitivity.
(ii) Strategies to remedy the negative impact of implicit bias by recognizing and understanding how it impacts perception, judgment, and actions that may result in inequitable decision making, failure to effectively communicate, and result in barriers and disparities in the access to and delivery of health care services.
(iii) The historical basis and present consequences of implicit biases based on an individual’s characteristics.
(iv) Discussion of current research on implicit bias in the access to and delivery of health care services.
Training must include strategies to reduce disparities in access to and delivery of health care services and the administration of pre- and post-test implicit bias assessments.
There is an interactive requirement for this training: acceptable modalities of training include any of the following:
(i) A teleconference or webinar that permits live synchronous interaction.
(ii) A live presentation.
(iii) Interactive online instruction.
We offer 1 and 2 hour Implicit Bias Training CE courses. The webinar portion of these class is live and interactive and can be completed on your phone, tablet, or computer. The live webinar portion is under 10 minutes and offered frequently for your convenience.
What happens if I cannot make the webinar time I signed up for?
Licensing and Regulatory Affairs [LARA]. (2021). Public Health Code – General Rules: R 338.7004.